key hints for toned and happy skin
Sweet Sunday ritual... a between facial skincare treatment. Naturally, there are a couple of Alchemy products and a few of my favorites from our boutique shelves: Stone Lotus Creations toner (I picked rose and mint) and a luxurious lotion from Feather Heart Trading Company.
The steps aren't magical, but a few key hints will boost your results.
The fact that you're doing treats for your skin is the first boost. Lavishing a little extra care goes a long way.
The next boost is to pre-cleanse. It's one of the tricks in your facialist's arsenal.
And, finally: the shea-based lotion is an excellent second mask because a lot of the gunk that clogs pores is fat soluble... so still cleaning away as it nourishes.
1. Pre-cleanse: Ideally with a light oil such as hazelnut or rice bran; apricot kernel, sweet almond, olive or avocado work too (or use our Double Cleansing Oil blended specifically for pre-cleansing)
2. Wash well: Preferably with a foaming cleanser to lift off the gunk the oil has begun to loosen.
3. Tone: Hydrosols, floral water or Stone Lotus Creation's wonderful Rose and Mint, or Green Tea Matcha (my personal favorite).
4. Mask: Green Clay & Organic Matcha, Rhassoul Clay & Sandalwood powder, or with the Haldee Cleansing Grains in Honey - all can be customized for you needs.
For example: if your skin needs that extra quick draw to empty out congested pores - do a thin application so it dries faster. Or, if your skin is in need of some recovery and remineralization - mix a thicker paste (talking clay here) and remove before it totally dries to avoid irritation.
7. Mask: Don't skin this second mask! Using a lovely whipped shea butter like the one from Featherheart Trading will continue to pull fat soluble dirt and debris off the surface of the skin. Plus it nourishes and plumps up fine lines.
10. Moisturize: You may not feel like your skin needs the extra love since it's had a chance to soak in the love from the second mask; so maybe some elixir or serum for around the eyes, on the neck / decollete. I suggest our luxurious Kintsugi Serum with skin super foods like saffron and rose-hip seed oil.
monique herzig, alchemist, aesthetician