The basic recipe:
2 cups baking soda
1 cup lemon salt / citric acid *
1 cup sea salt or epsom salt
2 Tbs olive, almond or jojoba oil
(with a little care and some rosewater -a teeny bit - you can form into tablets or press into a mold then let dry)
Essential oil combinations to try -
- Frankincense, Rose Geranium and Cedarwood
- Lemongrass, Basil and Rose Geranium
- Sweet Orange, Patchouli and Lavendar
- Peppermint and Cedarwood
- Ylang Ylang with a few drops of good quality Vanilla extract
My favorite for winter:
Lemon, Rosemary, Thyme, Juniper and Pine (maybe a little Sweet Orange). This is such a satisfying aroma which is perfect for a foot soak at the end of a gray winter's day. Plus, this combination is supposed to sinus relief.
* I buy this citric acid at Holiday Market, Royal Oak -its in the bulk section- ask at the meat counter.